Thursday 6 March 2008

View Point

I took this photo from the rooftop car park of the Regent Arcade. Its not an earth shattering photo, I just thought it showed off a few different things in Cheltenham. The little street is Ormand Place, it used to open onto the Promenade but the end was pedestrianised and recently a flower stall has taken up residence there. On the Prom you can see the taxi rank and past that, the yellow flowers in the Long Garden. Then you've got the Municipal Building (well part of it). And beyond the Council Offices, in the top right of the photo, is the spire of St Marys Church, Cheltenhams Parish church. As I said, not earth shattering but I hope you enjoy seeing a wider view of town.

8 comments:

Isadora said...

Like the bird's eye view and there is a nice balance to the shot.

Neva said...

Not earth shattering but very very nice! I get confused looking at your signs on your streets....which are backwards for me! Nice shot.

Jim Klenke said...

Its very nice, it kinda looks like a small model.

Lori said...

What a beautiful view! I very much enjoyed all the details in your photo, like the people walking down the street, the yellow flowers and the church steeple. Cheltenham must be a very nice place!

Unknown said...

An interesting photo both geographically & historically. who knows what the street will look like in 20 years time.

In thanks for visiting my site so often during February, I have awarded you a Robin Hood Seal of Approval.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is the backwards driving and signs the same but other than that, confusion, it makes a nice photo.

MJ said...

Thanks for sharing this photo. A different way of looking at the city.

slim said...

I like this. The yellow lines lead you into the picture. I like the street lanterns.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin