Friday 28 March 2008

Cheltenham Nightspots - 6

O'Neill's is one of the only Irish pubs in Cheltenham and is a fantastic place to go for a few pints on St Patrick's Day. It was the other choice for my post that day but I settled on a Guinness Toucan instead! The pub is on Montpellier Walk and takes advantage of the wide pavement for extra tables, on warm summer evenings the place has a huge crowd outside. O'Neill's is part of a chain of pubs named after the number one Irish jockey Jon Jo O'Neill. He is now a racing horse trainer and I should imagine he gets a good renumeration package for the use of his name!

10 comments:

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Oh, I see. Now what's written on the blackboard makes sense. :)

Jim Klenke said...

It looks like a nice place, I would love to sit outside and people watch.

brian stout said...

it does look like a nice place to sit and drink a few beers...

Chuck Pefley said...

A great spot for a dry afternoon or evening for sure ... but looks a bit wet today.

Unknown said...

That's more like it. None of your sitting outside in the sun eating breakfast, like in Jilly's Menton photo today!

Anonymous said...

I will have to say that I don't see people sitting out in the rain. I think that says something about your weather. Like us, everyone is waiting on warmer weather.

It is a nice photograph. Have a nice weekend.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

Neva said...

What a great scene....looks like it just rained....or they just cleaned the walk!

Pat said...

Hi Marley!

Wedding plans are still confusing! Only 8 weeks tomorrow I'll become Mrs. Halbach!!!! EEEEEK!!!!

I can't believe it.

We have snow today. It's been a very snowy winter--so much for global warming.

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

slim said...

I've always enjoyed stopping for a pint after photographing and touring around. This looks like a definite stop. I like the reflections on the wet pavement.

Rob said...

A right friendly place to enjoy a Guinness or two. I do enjoy a Guinness. Ihope you make it back for another pint of two...maybe an action shot? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin