Tuesday 18 March 2008

Marley In Manchester - Day One

I've just spent the weekend in Manchester and I took lots of photos. Over the next couple of days I'm going to post a few of them. I know this isn't really what you're supposed to do but I hope you enjoy seeing them.

The John Ryelands University Library and its new wing.

The inside of the new addition cleverly attached to the old part.

A gargoyle high up on the side of the Library.

Manchester Town Hall and Albert Square.

An interesting art installation of two blue men climbing up the side of a building with one on top holding the ropes.

Tomorrow I'll show you one of the few surviving things from the IRA bomb blast that destroyed much of the centre of Manchester in 1996.

6 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Love the Blue Men and the friendly gargoyle. I'll bet he's spitting' mad when it rains -:)

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Great idea, Marley. I am featuring a Manchester photographer this week, what a coincidence! Love the look of the library's new addition.

Lori said...

It looks like you had a great visit. You certainly got some interesting photos! I love that art installation with the climbing men. People come up with the funniest ideas! Those are some lovely buildings too.

Bergson said...

A beautiful opposition of colors

Anonymous said...

I really like the blue climbing men - it's really funny! And it's a great photo you got there.

I like the gargoyle as well, what great detail!

Neva said...

hmmm those blue men are certainly interesting aren't they? I have something just as weird I will post tomorrow.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin