Tuesday 4 March 2008

Emerald Elephant

This is one of the two elephants that sit on the roof of the Thai Emerald Restaurant in St Georges Place, Cheltenham. I've only eaten there once and I never even noticed the elephants. I was more excited about the food, as its meant to be really good (and it was!) We had a buffet, it was brought to the table, and there were so many dishes of lovely food. Delicious!

Below is the whole building. It doesn't look very big but the restaurant goes back quite a bit, and the inside is decorated with lots of oriental artifacts and carved wooden furniture. In the photo you can see a hammer above the front door so I guess the building may have been a Court Of Law or an Auction House in the past.
To see more elephants check out Ham's 'London's Elephants' series here - http://londonselephants.blogspot.com/ Its really good. Go on, have a look!

10 comments:

brian stout said...

very cool post and photos today, Marley... i collect elephants, (little curios, photos, or whatever i can find), so i really enjoyed this!

Kate said...

Thanks for visiting my blog while I was offline; I appreciate it!

Those elephants really brighten up the place. Yes, Ham's elephants are great, aren't they? He's probably jealous of yours!!

MJ said...

The elephants reminded me of an Indian restaurant though. But guess the animal is popular in both countries.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

What a delightful place. The color and shape of those elephants is so attractive.

Neva said...

I like a lot about Thai food. There is a place near me that is very unpretentious but has wonderful food. This building is wonderful.

edwin s said...

Turquoise elephants, fantastic! Definitely an attractive way of attracting patrons. I know I'd walk in.

Janet said...

A very different decor.

Rob said...

Love the aqua color, I haven't had Tai food in a long time, now I'm hungey for it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thought I'd clicked onto London DP & one of Ham's elephants when I first saw your green beauty.

If I ever find myself hungry in Cheltenham, I'll know where to go. Unless the Marley residences' kitchen is open!

TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO said...

Yes...it's a great restaurant. Fantastic interior decor...and more importantly great food. It's part of a local chain (there is one in Cirencester and another in Evesham). Still I did prefer Chelsea Square...the previous restaurant owners of this building. A little more chic!

I really appreciate you visiting TORUŃ DP from time to time. Sorry I haven't left many comments here...but have been extremely busy at this end!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin