Thursday 13 March 2008

Ladies Day

Today its Ladies Day at The Cheltenham Festival and if you are lucky enough to be going there is the added bonus of seeing extra races. Yesterdays racing was cancelled due to the strong winds and the postponed races are being held today and tomorrow. This is the second Ladies Day held at Cheltenham Racecourse with awards given to the ladies with the best outfit, best hat and best accessories. An award is also given to the lady who has given an Outstanding Contribution To Jump Racing. Last years prize was given to Heather Atkinson who has been the Senior Nurse at the Jockey's Hospital at Cheltenham Racecourse for more than 30 years. The photo shows the window display of Marks & Spencer on the High Street. Even the big chain stores get in on the act during race week.

Now time for Marley's Daily Top Tip. Today I'll give you two tips! You lucky things!

Yesterdays tip - Master Minded in the Queen Mother Champion Chase now at 2.20pm today and - Don't Push It in the Racing Post Plate at 4.05pm.

Now, I know I'm not having much luck with this giving tips business (what with stopping horses and high winds) but I've got a good feeling today. Fingers crossed!

11 comments:

brian stout said...

great window display, and the perfect attire for a day at the races...good luck on these tips, i hope they come through!

Unknown said...

I hope it isn't too windy for the ladies, otherwise they will be spending all day holding their dresses down. As one who has never been inside a betting shop, I wouldn't know if these are good tips or not. Have you put a few quid on them Marley?

Anonymous said...

i backed Katchit Day one, which came through for me. I really facny Inglis Drever, in the world hurdle, also back Blazing Bailey each way as they have finished int eh frame in the last 7 races at chelt bar one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a few wins. Will we be treated to a photo of the winning outfit?

Rob said...

Well Happy Lady's Day, and put 3 bucks on the trifecta for me, if you please. ;)

Lori said...

I bet the ladies are all decked out in their best hats and outfits at the races. I'd love to see that!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I think Don't Push It was doing so well but fell in the end? Shame. So what's your tip for tomorrow, then, Marley - Gold Cup Day! Ooooh exciting isn't it.

Neva said...

I hope you went and took a photo of the best dressed etc.....That would be a hoot! love the dresses and hats in the window....nice shot.!!

Anonymous said...

winning outfit to folow shortly :)

Anonymous said...

I always think you have to be posh to go to the races, but if I'm honest I'd have a blast getting dressed up just the once :)

Unknown said...

it would have been nice to admire all the beautiful ladies in their best!

;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin