Wednesday 27 February 2008

Krafty People

These ladies had been caught on camera (in more ways than one!) They had been stopped by this small film crew in The Promenade, at first I wondered what it was all about, but on closer inspection I could see it was some kind of market research/advertising. The crew were from Kraft Foods, based in Cheltenham, and were asking them about Dairylea (a soft cheese, sold in little foil triangles, packed in a round box. Look closely in the hand of the chap with the microphone). Kraft Foods have had their headquarters in the town for 25 years and they are one of the worlds top 100 food and beverage producers. They make many different brand leaders including Kenco Coffee, Philadelphia Soft Cheese, Terry's Chocolate Orange, Toblerone, Maxwell House Coffee and, one I've not heard of, Grape-Nuts. This is a breakfast cereal and I think its American (anyone know?)

So, next time you enjoy a cup of Kenco or spread some Philly on our toast, think of Cheltenham!

9 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

It's American, yes. You've gotta love Wiki: Grape-Nuts.

So, next time you spread some Philly on our toast, think of Cheltenham!

I will! :)

brian stout said...

nice post today... my favorite is kraft macaroni and cheese. =)

TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO said...

Nice post...so I wonder when the advert will be on TV! Thanks for the birthday greetings!

edwin s said...

What was the crew doing? Asking people for a cheesy smile?

Ioanna said...

I love your photos and your cat's portait too!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I went past Kraft yesterday, in fact! Great impromptu shot, this, Marley.

Ming the Merciless said...

I used to love those Kraft cheddar and triangle foil wrapped cream cheeses. Now I prefer stinky ones like blue cheese and goat cheese.

But I still love Toberones. I have never heard of Kenco.

Janet Kincaid said...

Some of the Kraft products you mention are unique to your side of the pond, but others are shared (just with different names. E.g.: Philadelphia Soft Cheese in the U.K. is Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the U.S.)

As for Grape Nuts, that is an evil, vile cereal. How so, you ask? You pour 1/4 cup into a bowl, add milk, start to eat and you're there for an eternity. Plus, it's loud and drowns out any contemplative, early-morning thinking you might be trying to do as you enjoy your breakfast repast. Lots of people love Grape Nuts and claim they're quite tasty as a warm cereal. I take a pass and go for something quieter like oatmeal.

Janet Kincaid said...

P.S. Just to be clear: Grape Nuts is usually eaten cold, but can be prepared warm. Once it's warm, it's a quiet cereal. Otherwise, it's a cacophony.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin