Thursday 21 February 2008

Who's A Pretty Boy!

I've recently downloaded Picasa and, although I don't tend to mess with my photos, I've added some effects to this one. This parrot is resident at my local pet shop. She is called Mac, is over 40 years old and seems to have a happy life. She talks, laughs and swears like a trooper, which is very funny! Hope you like what I've done. If not, don't worry it won't be a regular occurrence!

Update...

Following on from some of the comments today, here is the original photo. Using Picasa I cropped the photo, added highlight to the background, put a soft focus round the edges, creating a focus on Macs face and played with the intensity of the colour, making it brighter.

12 comments:

brian stout said...

I think it looks great! i've always wanted a parrot... i can't tell that you've touched anything up on it...

Ming the Merciless said...

What did you do with the photo?

Did you enhance the color? Tell us more. I've downloaded Picasa before but never got around to using/playing with it.

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

At 40, that's a hot parrot! :D

Janet said...

Pretty colors, but what did you do to the bird?

Petrea Burchard said...

I say have at it. The color pops! And I love that the bird swears.

edwin s said...

Pretty boy just got prettier :)

Anonymous said...

Nice photograph. I like it and also your comments about it.

pusa said...

nice looing parrot and did you say she's over 40? WOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

The editing is great.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Yes i like the effects. Very pretty.

Lori said...

Wow, you can do great things with Picasa. I've got to give it a try!

Neva said...

I agree with Fenix...that is one hot parrot!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin