Wednesday 20 February 2008

Fire! Fire!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I guess that this was Cheltenhams former Fire Station! The towns present one is close to the Hospital, where as this one is on the other side of town, in the St James' area. I spotted this building back in the summer when I was at the little Bistro ( Number 7) situated opposite the old Fire Station. The building is in good repair but looks like its undergoing some kind of makeover, as the windows are covered with dust sheets. I can't seem to find anything out about the old Fire Station, apart from it was built in 1906!

11 comments:

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Were the fire engines as cute as the station? That red is so vibrant. Love that shade.

Oh, one more question... Do vacant fire stations remain in city ownership?

Jim Klenke said...

It looks nice, hopefully it will find usefullness in the future.

Janet said...

Very pretty building.

Isadora said...

Very well balanced photos of a handsome structure. Hopefully, those doors can stay closed and there is no fire to rush to.

brian stout said...

Very cool building today, I really like the way the red doors stand out. It looks like it has a lot of history...

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the one in Trumpton. Who remembers the names of the firemen?

Altogether now; Pugh, Pugh..

Anonymous said...

Definitely looks like a fire station. I guess the new one wont have the same charm after its make over.

Kate said...

In the right neighborhood it could be turned into a terrific restaurant with good ambiance

Lori said...

It looks like it was built with red bricks similar to the ones in the Victorian building you showed us. I know it's not the same era though. I wonder what it looks like inside now.

Pat said...

Ohh, what a lovely fire hall. I agree that it would make a great restaurant!

Done any exercising yet??? ;)


Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Is it being converted to residential? The cat's all very well, but where are YOU? !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin