Wednesday 29 October 2008

Clinging To The Cliff

Another photo from Leckhampton Hill to keep you all entertained while I'm away. The hill is made up of mainly limestone and has lots of steep paths and craggy faces like this. People have been know to try to climb up this face, without ropes, or come down it to get a stranded dog from the ledge. It won't surprise you to know they end up having to be rescued! I like how this photo captures the bleak conditions up there at this time of year.

I'm away for a few days. I'm hoping Blogger magic will make this post appear like...well...magic!I'll catch up with you all at the end of the week.

11 comments:

Kate said...

I hope that you are having fun, wherever you are! The cliff face is very impressive. It's amazing what seemingly intelligent people will try to do!

Rob said...

This cliff is a photographer's dream.

Tanya Breese said...

Beautiful. Looks like it could just crumble into millions of pieces.

Come visit me for a present I've left for you :)

Anonymous said...

What magical cliffs. Hope you are having a great time.

Hope said...

These cliffs look so dangerous and very unstable as if they might crumble away under your feet. I would be too frightened to climb them.

Unknown said...

Beautiful natural wall!

Hilda said...

I love rock and I think this is a beauty! Like JM said, it's a natural wall.

It turns all green and lush during spring? If yes, then I hope you'll be able to take another photo of it then. :)

Christina S said...

Mr Ruby would probably climb that cliff. He is a bit of a daredevil where climbing is concerned. Or maybe the last time (helicopter rescue necessary!) he learned his lesson. Either way, I'd better not show him this photo!

Hope you're enjoying your time away.

Ken Mac said...

fantastic. I would have been tempted to ratchet up the saturation but you kept it natural. Have a great trip!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Must be the manx fairies working for blogger, post appeared again.It does look post apocolyptic, but in a good way obviously.

Neva said...

What a cliff....and no...it wouldn't surprise me as to how many need to be rescued from it....some people have more things to do than good sense will let them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin