Sunday 13 January 2008

Horsing Around


I don't normally post more photos of previous posts but I had several that I really liked of Neptune's Fountain, so here they are! The photo above shows more detail of Neptune, taken through some of the plants surrounding the fountain. In the background are Jack's Caff and part of the Ladies College. Below is a photo of the four horses around the base of Neptune's shell plinth. I think they represent the crashing waves of the sea, of course I could be completely wrong!

For some of the fountains history see yesterdays post.

3 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

Riding a horse naked is not a good thing! :-)

marley said...

Ming - It sounds like you're talking from experience!?! LOL

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I love this fountain. I've seen some wonderful paintings of it too. Hope you're keeping dry, Marley.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin