Sunday 9 August 2009

Hitting The Heights At 600

Today is my 600th post! I can't believe it, 600 ramblings about Cheltenham and nearly 700 photos. The time has flown by. Thanks to all the regular visitors and people that leave positive comments, it means a great deal to me knowing that people out there like my little blog and my photography.

This sign caught my eye as I was leaving the Regent Arcade car park the other day. Surely if you are driving a beast-of-a-car you've got an idea of the height of it and whether or not it can make it under a height barrier! Or are the people that drive them so rich they don't mind a seriously scratched roof as long as they get a parking place?!
_

11 comments:

pierre l said...

Hello Marley. Happy 600th. I guess there are people who forget that they are driving the camper van today, or the double-decker bus.
My wife's family is from Cheltenham so I do enjoy all your photos even if I rarely leave comment. Thanks for all the good work.

Jani said...

That's quite funny! Seems like a common occurrence, as they've actually gone out and made a sign for it. One would think that they'd have a sign warning drivers of a low roof, instead of a "Oh look, you messed up, wait here while we laugh at you" -sign.
Brilliant find!

eamon@ewmphotography said...

and a photo to match! Congrats and here's to many more...

Clueless in Boston said...

Congratulations on your 600th post. Never underestimate the stupidity of some people:) especially drivers of very large cars.

Hilda said...

Congratulations on your 600th post, Marley!

I've never seen a sign quite like this before, but I've seen lots of scratch marks on parking building walls and even broken pieces of ceilings ;)

Mo said...

Congrats on hitting 600. I'm sure you'll hit new heights with the next 600

Ming the Merciless said...

Happy 600th Post!! Congratulations on the remarkable achievement.

I think it applies to large trucks/lorries or cars with bicycles attached on top of the roofs.

Babzy.B said...

Happy 600th post !

Rob said...

Congrats on 600! I hope the high vehicles won't get stuck.

Tash said...

You've hit 600!!!! very impressive and as usual, very entertaining.

slim said...

Bravo, Marley . . . 600 is quite an accomplishment. I've enjoyed visiting Cheltenham and hope you keep it going.

As to the height restrictions: we have a moving van or two get stuck under some low overpasses in Boston every September when college students move in and miss the signs that say "no trucks on this roadway."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin