Not really a college but a University Of Gloucestershire campus - Francis Close Hall. The site used to be St Pauls College for Teacher Training but was renamed in 1979 after the Rev. Francis Close, who was known in the town for his involvement in education. The buildings then became Cheltenham College Of Higher Education, before the college gained university status a few years ago. The old part of the campus, shown here, dates back to 1849. Recently new buildings and student halls of residence have been constructed, adding a nice contrast to these Tudor Gothic ones. The photo below shows the depth of the complex and amongst these turrets and sturdy stone walls is a large courtyard garden.