Thursday 16 April 2009

Which Way?

On Bank Holiday Monday the weather was beautiful so we took full advantage and headed off to Leckhampton Hill for a walk. The hill top has everything - great views, woodland, grassland, wildlife and farms, perfect for blowing away the cobwebs and getting back to nature. Across the top of Leckhampton Hill you'll also find part of the Cotswold Way, a trail which runs from the market town of Chipping Campden in the north to the city of Bath in the south. The Trail is 102 miles (164 km) long, and runs for most of its length on the Cotswold escarpment (hence the name!) It passes through some wonderfully picturesque villages and has some magnificent views across Gloucestershire and neighbouring Counties. One day (when I feel really motivated!) it would be good to walk part of it, even just a stretch between a couple of country pubs!
_

14 comments:

Tash said...

I'd love to walk thru that rolling English countryside. Your angle on the sign leading the viewer into the scene is so well done.

Jilly said...

Beautiful, Marley. I love the way you've framed this shot. Classic.

Hilary said...

Hi Marley, so you do the famous Cheltenham Daily Photo :) Keep seeing your photoblog around. Great photographs by the way and love this one. I think my dogs would love your area but have a feeling there are lots of sheep around?

Pat said...

I'd love to walk there, too, with Bibi, who would definitely enjoy the romp. Very tempting.

Leeds daily photo said...

I lived as a boy near Burford for a few years so this sign takes me back. My sister does a good Pam Ayres impression, not sure she knows!
Leeds Photo Daily

Unknown said...

I love wooden signs! You don't see them here except on parks.

Neva said...

What an interesting sign! Looks like a nice place for a stroll....if one was up for it!

Chuck Pefley said...

Form pub to pub would suit me just fine -:)

Mo said...

Yeah but how many pubs are on this route. I'm not fooled by these signs anymore. They really mean LOTS OF MUD IN A PADDOCK. (think you Brits call them fields, but they are paddocks. Muddy and slippery.) So you might have guessed I did my Easter walking and I am not going to need the wellingtons I have been encouraged to buy cos I'm NEVER going again. So there. But don't let me stop you.

Jackie said...

That's beautifully framed Marley, lovely photo. I do like the sound of walking a few miles here between pubs - how very civilised and, well, English!

Rob said...

Looks like a lovely walk beautiful scenrey. That is another activity I enjoy is simply going for a trek, urban or rural. Always good to stretch the legs.

Would be nice some time to walk the entire stretch. But I like your idea, a pub crawl. Walk fro one village pub to the next village pub. Let's go!

Jane Hards Photography said...

My walk between pubs is a little quicker. It is a beautiful part of the world that needs to be seen in person to appreciate. Go forth and snap for us.

Vivian aka Deborah said...

I love the angle of this photo and the scenery is calling out to me.

slim said...

Gorgeous scenery and wooden sign . .. I used to bicycle a lot on the weekends and always planned the route with a good watering hole or oasis for nourishment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin