Tuesday 3 February 2009

Tunnel Vision

If you saw my update on yesterdays post then you'll know it snowed. Here in Cheltenham we had a couple of inches, which was nothing compared to the South East of the UK, especially London which saw about a foot of snow and brought the capital to a grinding halt. Actually most of the country ground to a halt. It was a snow day!

I made the effort yesterday to head into town to take some more snowy photos. We don't often get snow in Cheltenham and we've had snow twice this year, which is nice. I wanted to capture the scene in the Prom, as I might use the images for Christmas cards this year - always think ahead!
_

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like this. I like the tunnel effect and in the summer that would be a welcome relief from the heat of the sun. Nice shot.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

I'm glad you're looking at it all positively!

Clueless in Boston said...

Nice shot. This would have made a good theme day photo.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Can you believe it's raining here. We were promised snow! Thoughts. Try it in mono. Just curious. Never too early to think ahead. It would make a smashing card with a slither nipped of either side. If it's still like this tomorrow and you can make it, try a portrait vertical low shot, or just a portrait. Very scenic view lots to play with here. keep this in mind for autumn too. As you say always thinking ahead. Spot on Title.

Petrea Burchard said...

Love your snowy photo, Marley!

magiceye said...

beautifully composed

Tash said...

Winter wonderland again! How very nice. The trees are absolutely amazing. I love this composition.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

This will make a lovely card, Marley. I've been thinking the same. We don't have quite enough though do we? I'm hoping for more!

Anonymous said...

The trees do look pretty with their dusting of snow. Still a lot of snow about in London but the sun is shining today and we do have public transport again

brian stout said...

this would make an excellent christmas card!

Hilda said...

I really like how frosted bare trees look — very pretty!

Knoxville Girl said...

nice perspective!
we had about half an inch in Knox yesterday and everything ground to a halt! might have more tonight.

Neva said...

I heard that London came to a grinding halt....we are pretty used to the snow now.....we've had over 40 inches.....but that does not mean I want another 30 to come yet this winter....I like the bikes covered in snow....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin